Sunday, December 03, 2006

Leaders Thoughts - Warren Buffett


U.S.News & World Report has a special feature on America’s Best Leaders. The committee selected 20 winners from a list of 200. They define Leaders as “motivates people to work collaboratively to accomplish great things.”

Warren Buffet, CEO, Berkshire Hathaway was among the Best Leaders.

Few of his quotes from that article,

“Money aside, there is very little difference between you and me in terms of lifestyle. I eat simple meals. I drive a regular car. I make decision, and yes, I too make mistakes.”

“Be a nice person…..It’s a so simple that it’s almost too obvious to notice. Look around at the people you like. Isn’t it a logical assumption that if you like traits in other people, then other people would like you if you developed those same traits?”

“You’re thinking that the investors, bankers, and regulators are the people you need to survive.Put them all aside, and give priority to talking to your people and your customers about what is wrong and what you have to do.”

“Berkshire is my painting, so it should look the way i want it to when it’s done”

No comments: